This coming Friday, Sept. 7th, I will be getting married. Everything has been really crazy in the last couple weeks. Seems like everything is trying to keep us from getting married. We've been in more arguments lately and it's been ugly. But, I know it's just the devil trying to stop us because he hates marriage. Marriage is an example of Christ's relationship with the church. We are His bride and a good marriage is to reflect that relationship. A husband is to be willing to lay down his life for his wife just as Christ laid down His for the church. A wife is to be submissive to the authority of the husband just as we the church are to be submissive to Christ's authority. Marriage is a holy union and the devil hates it. So, I think that's what's been going on with us. Everything from money, kids, the loss of our daughter, in-laws, and everything in between has been stirring up arguments and stressing us.
Also, I've been stressing because I'm nervous. My last marriage was a disaster. It fell apart in a matter of a few months and ended under a year. So, I'm afraid of a repeat and of course the devil likes to use our fears against us and amplify them to discourage us and keep us from the will of God. I have to remind myself of that when he throws those "what if" thoughts at me. I know this one will be a marriage that lasts. I'm saved now and doing all I can to become a godly man for my new wife and our family. I think that's ever more why the devil keeps throwing things at us to divide us. But, I know in my heart that I've got an amazing woman who loves me deeply, even though I drive her nuts. She's really beyond words and I am very excited to be uniting in marriage with her. She is truly amazing and no one has ever stuck closer by me through the worst of times like her. I really feel like we are already one. I am very blessed and honored that she has chosen me to be her husband and I pray daily that I can be everything she needs and everything God commands me to be for her. There's a lot of responsibility placed on the husband and sometimes it can be overwhelming, but at the same time it is exciting. I'm definitely ready to have the wife I've always dreamed of and no one else could even come close. She's my world and I thank God for her. I pray I have many, many years with her. Just wouldn't be any kind of life without her. She really is my soul mate.
No comments:
Post a Comment