| |||
This is probably the hardest scripture for me to live by. I screw up all the time in all sorts of ways. I'm really good at sinning. But this one, it's the hardest for me. I'm a very vindictive person and I've done a lot of praying about it. It's a little better, but honestly I'm still the worst.
I've been struggling with one person in particular for over a year now and honestly I really couldn't see myself disliking this person any more than I already do. So, to picture that person and read this verse is like looking at Mount Everest and knowing God wants me to climb to the top. Seems beyond impossible.
My first reaction when anyone curses me or disrespects me is not love. I'm being completely honest here. I'm not a perfect Christian. I'm not even a good one. I would say I'm a bad one, but one that's always trying. It's so difficult to respond in love when someone does things that disrespect you and tear you down and tick you off.
My goal of this blog isn't really to flaunt how good of a Christian I am or even really to tell you how to be a good Christian. I just write because it helps me work through things and learn more from the Word and just to share my experiences and views. I think God wants me to do this. I'm not called to be some mainstream blogger or famous author of anything, but I'm sure He wants me to share myself with whoever is out there. I'm terrible at actually speaking to people. So, this is the best way for me and I think that's why He put it in my heart to do this. Maybe someone will see that not everyone who says they are a Christian is perfect or good. Not all Christians have an easy life. I think the majority of what is out there on blogs just makes you feel like everything you're doing is wrong and you aren't good enough. I'm not here to do that. I'm a terrible Christian. I struggle. It's life. It's not supposed to be easy. If it was, the whole world would be a Christian. But God is always there. Just ask for help and He'll give it.
SO, I'll be praying for the strength to bless those who curse me and to pray for those who abuse me.
Criss you have a good Hart. And I think your right on track. Fallow your Hart .For the splirt of the lord dwell s there. and he will never leave nor forksake you. As long as you yeld to. His spirt. He has to help you Thu the valley s and hardships of life so you grow stronger.Then you're going. To find the mountian much easily to clime. Allow his will to be done not yours. If we were perfect there would be no reason to ask for forgiveness from our sins. God is no respector of persons were all equal and all sin no ones perfect in this world.
ReplyDelete